Home » News » weekly Assignment#8

weekly Assignment#8

Weekly Response#8.

Black Mirror Season 3 Episode 6: San Junipero and Black Mirror Season1:Episode3: The Entire History of You was related to the relationship between humans and technology. It focusses primarily on how technology has become the central part of the human- life and what potential harmful impact can it cause due to the over-use of those high-tech products. I believe that through those technologies we have access to all world’s information and people’s profile at any time which sounds like an amazing accomplishment but in reality, the world is growing further apart because though peoples are connected together by the social media, there is no bond between them. In my personal experience, I used to have many close friends in my home country with whom I used to spend most of the time hanging together, exploring new places, sharing our difficulties and helping each other in every situation. But once I shifted to the US for higher education, I felt like though we are connected through social media and video communication app, the friendship we used to have before is gradually degrading. This shows how the relationship changes when we are connected online instead of in-person. In the Black Mirror episode “San Junipero” and “The Entire History of You”, a small device attached to head stored all the past memories and we could rewind and analyze every past event. In such an environment, it is very difficult to live a real life because even a single mistake can ruin a whole life. People are faking their natural behavior and are paying attention to every detail. This technology had negatively impacted everyone’s life and Liam was one of them. At the end, he realized that he was happier when he had not used such technology and was living his present, so he finally decides to remove the chip from his head.